This is a very good recipe for those suffering with any form of autoimmune disease. It’s also pretty perfect in terms of health (contains good level of protein and fatty acids, as well as a wealth of vitamins and minerals.) You can do this with any minced meat that you want, or use any vegetables instead, or add more veggies. A very versatile recipe to create your own! We use 2 leaves for each wrap as sometimes they can be difficult to keep together when wrapped.
Serves: 2 wraps
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins (for cooking turkey mince)
- ½tbsp olive oil
- 120g organic minced turkey meat
- 2 thin spring onions, finely chopped
- ¼tsp ginger powder
- ½tbsp coconut aminos (soy substitute)
- ½tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium avocado, de-stoned and peeled, cut into small cubes or slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 leaves butterhead lettuce or similar
- Fry off the turkey mince with the ginger in a little olive oil, until cooked through. Be careful not to overcook it.
- Add the spring onions, coconut aminos and parsley, stirring the mix thoroughly.
- Season and transfer the mix to a bowl or plate and leave to cool.
- When cool, take 2 leaves of the butterhead together and then portion the turkey mix (half) into the lettuce. Top with the avocado then wrap the leaves. Repeat the process with the other leaves.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to eat.