The delicious bite-size balls are a great pick me up when you feel sluggish in the mornings and all you want is a caffeine hit. Pop a couple of these bliss balls into your mouth and you will get an almost instant serge of energy, and a hit of that rich coffee flavour.
These little poppets are vegan friendly and contain all but zero caffeine. Compare the cacao labels though, as it does vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Serves: 24 balls
Prep time: 14-20 minutes
Cook time: No cook!
Dietary: Suitable for vegans, DF, LF, caffeine minimal, beware nuts!
- 100g cashew nuts
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 100g ground oats
- 150g crunchy peanut butter
- 4tbsp agave nectar (you can substitute for raw honey but agave is a better dietary choice)
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 2tbsp ground almonds
- Raw cacao powder (you need this to roll the balls in once made)
- Place everything into a blender (apart from the cacao) and blitz until relatively smooth paste is achieved.
- Take a tray or two, cover in parchment paper and chill in the fridge for a few minutes. On another tray, spread out the cacao powder evenly.
- Portion out the bliss ball mix and roll each portion in the palm of your hands to form the shape.
- Roll evenly in the powder until coated and place a little way apart on the other tray.
- Chill in the fridge to firm up. Remove a few from the fridge each time you want some! They do start to melt quite quickly.
Nutritional Values: Calories 126 per ball. No other info available on nutrition content, this recipe is for reducing caffeine intake, no other dietary reasons.